In the salt spray test, the test specimens are exposed to a salted atmosphere at an elevated temperature, thus simulating exposure to oxidizing corrosive substances with a time-lapse effect.
In addition, acetic acid (AASS) or copper chloride (CASS) can be used as further spray additives. Salt spray tests are also often combined with other corrosion test methods to perform so-called corrosion cycling tests.
Among the features of the RSI corrosion test chests are
– Structure in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9227, DIN EN 60068-2-11, ASTM B117.
– Test chamber material: Polypropylene or special stainless steel materials
– Ergonomic touch panel control
– Integrated measurement data acquisition
– Dosing of the salt spray solution via regulated diaphragm pump
– Brine storage tank with free access for the operating personnel
– Wide range of options and customer-specific requirements